Movement, in its various forms was always central to Carole’s artistic and educational endeavors. In her words,
“As we experience our world through moving in it and dancing about it, we remind our ourselves of the truth and knowledge that is stored, away from awareness. When a dance is performed and watched, both dancer and audience share another person’s awareness conveyed by a language that is universal and for which no words suffice.”
“Dance remains a rich and continuous medium for art making, as well as for intellectual personal revelation”
Carole Cascio Fund Featured...
“A Day of Dance through the Carole Cascio Fund”, by the Bay Times and Record Observer
A special Thank You to everyone who helped make the Day of Dance a huge success. We appreciate you! Please enjoy the video below of this special event.
Stay tuned to this space for upcoming events.
Join Us in November
Friends of the Carole Cascio Fund and the Community are invited to join us for a Day of Dance on Saturday, November 12th at the Todd Performing Arts Center on the campus of Chesapeake College.
This is a free event. Please RSVP using the email at the bottom of this announcement.
The Carole Cascio Fund is sponsoring a Day of Dance, featuring special guest artists across a spectrum of dance. Dancers ages 12 years or older are invited to register to take any of the dance classes during the event. You must pre-register for the classes. Click below to register now.
Special Guest Artists include:
- Melinda Blomquist, Director of Dance and the Dance Company at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC) will be teaching a modern dance class.
- Kristi Schaffner, Associate Director of the CCBC Dance Company will teach a ballet class.
- Adrienne Kraus Latanishen will teach a hip-hop class.
- Peter Pucci, Choreographer and Director of CCF will teach a Pilobolus-Style partnering/choreography class.
- Lydia Bobes, Pianist will accompany the modern and ballet classes
8:30am- 9:30am – Dancers Registration
9:00am- 9:30am – Public Arrival
9:30am-10:45am – Modern /Contemporary/Melinda Blomquist
11:00am-12:15pm – Ballet/ Kristi Schaffner
12:15pm-1:15pm – Break – snacks and drinks/ Q & A with Guest Artists
1:15pm-2:30pm – Hip Hop/ Adrienne Kraus-Latanishen
2:45pm-4:00pm – Pilobolus Partnering/Choreography class / Peter Pucci